Tomatoes, Chive Oil, and Slugs
I made tomato confit with chive oil tonight. It's a recipe from the French Laundry cookbook. If you are a foodie and do not have this cookbook, get it. The most succinct review I can give it is to quote an unknown reviewer: "porn for chefs." It takes about 4 hours to make these tiny rounds of minced oven-rendered tomato, shallot, and chives. The master stroke for me is the chive-infused oil which is drizzled on the plate where the composed confit will sit.
I have a small herb garden with rosemary, lavender, chives, sage, tarragon, oregano, fennel, lovage, borage, thyme, basil, lemon balm, mint (several varieties), marjoram, and burnet. Slugs are a pestilence.
I just had to get away from the cleaning saga for a bit today.
I have a small herb garden with rosemary, lavender, chives, sage, tarragon, oregano, fennel, lovage, borage, thyme, basil, lemon balm, mint (several varieties), marjoram, and burnet. Slugs are a pestilence.
I just had to get away from the cleaning saga for a bit today.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home